Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Love and the lake.



Infiniti Scarf: thrifted, Cardigan: Target,
Shirt: Target, Jeans: Charlotte Russe,
Shoes: Steve Madden, Glasses: Target,
Belt: thirfted, Purse: Target
 
You know those days where you are so lost in your own mind that you don't even know what/how to feel anymore. The ones when you can't even figure out if you're angry, upset, mad or just plain over everything? No? Yes? Maybe?
Well this whole week that's basically how I've been feeling. For those of you who don't know I was supposed to be getting married this Saturday. [What? Woah!] I know. But the thing is that really doesn't have much to do with how I'm feeling. I mean sure it has "something" to do with it but really it has been friendships and relationships in general.
So what do three of my six professors decide to lecture on this week, you got it, love and marriage.

To be honest, the irony of this whole week is just too much for me right now. I left school today realizing how easily some friendships/relationships can be broken by something as simple as the words you choose to express no matter how minor/insignificant they may have been in your head.
As I  drove home I couldn't stop thinking about it and without noticing I took the longer way home. I saw the lake and I pulled over. I sat on the edge of the water for about an hour. Half of my time was spent asking God what He was doing with me and the other half was spent listening and remembering. As I sat there, I couldn't help but think of the little girl who used to sit on the same edge of that lake and play on the dock 14 years ago. With only three weeks left of my last semester of actual classes in college I realized how little I focus and pay attention to those around me and the things God wants us to delight in. Most importantly, I realized how incredibly fast life goes by. So tell those you love and care about how you feel, mend the broken ties, and do what you can to be happy and enjoy your time on earth. 


my view of the lake
Deut. 30:19
God wants us to be happy. He wants us to choose life and blessings. I hope you all had a wonderful day, and if you haven't you should take some time out of your week and do the same. I'm sure it will be a pleasant surprise even if it is just to take a break from a busy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment