Monday, November 12, 2012

It was love at first sight.

 
 
I know I'm a little biased since this is my favorite stone but it's
the perfect color accent if you ask me!
 
Don't you just love the layered socks?:)
 
This lovely lady is Jaime. She is also the girl I creepishly stalked and searched for, for about three weeks last semester. Weirdo... I know so let me explain. In the early months of Spring Semester I was doing my thing with my friends in the main student center at school. This particular day my mind was wandering around the room admiring everyones winter coats which they recently brought back to school with them after winter break. As I scanned around like the total creep that I am my eyes were immediately drawn to these gorgeous boots! I'm talking I did that whole OMG shout, stopped and pivoted towards my nearest friend, and pointed straight at them in awe. I knew right then and there, it was love at first sight. I had to have those boots. At the time, I did not know Jaime or any of her friends very well at all so naturally I grabbed onto my friend and asked if she knew her. My friend had seen her around campus but couldn't recall her name. Instinctively I searched for another friend who might know her and when I finally found someone else she was gone.
Here's the thing. I have the absolute worst sight and memory when it comes to remembering people. Like the absolute worst. As in, if I just met you a few times I would most likely not recognize you until I have spent enough time to recognize your body shape and style.  So if I saw Jaime around campus and she wasn't wearing these boots I would have no idea it was her. Then one day a girl who I actually knew very well walks into class wearing THESE BOOTS! But something was wrong... I knew they weren't hers because I was sure she would have worn them almost every day if they were, I know I would! Naturally I ran over to her and literally grabbed her by the shoulders and said, "Where did you get those boots? I saw a girl with them earlier this year and I have no idea who she is or how to find her!" Apparently, Jaime was her suite mate and I finally put a face to the infamous fashion heart breaker of mine (a person who has that one article of clothing, accessory, or shoe you must have but can't) and yes I just completely made that up! You. Are. Welcome. So the semester ended, summer came, school started again and I see a familiar face sitting a few chairs down... After a few days it hits me, THAT'S HER! That's your friends suite mate with the most lovely boots you've ever seen Jennie! I think you will all be happy to know that Jaime and I are now friends and I yes, she is aware of how much I adore her boots!

Here's why I love them so:
I love history. I love shoes. These boots are the perfect blend of both. Not to mention I have literally been searching for an almost identical pair for about the last two years. I hope you all had a beautiful day!
I just need to say it one more time. I really, really love these boots! Ok that's all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment