Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Lovely Day

Before I begin for those of you who don't know me, you must know early on what a total and complete history geek I am. I'm serious. The basic foundation for my entire persona lies behind history. But Jennie, what are you even talking about? Well, let me explain. I love history, I  love the eras past and therefore love the architecture, the clothing, the ettiquitte. So, let's think about this. I love rainy days because they remind me of London streets and I'm not talking about modern day London streets, I'm talking Sherlock Holmes movie kinda streets. I love clothes because back in the day women wore layers upon layers with oodles of accessories, and that's just the begining! My point is, when you get down to it everything I cherish the most is all tied down to a historical background. Therefore, I love museums. Like I really, really love museums. I love them so much I literally visit them, alone. Frequently. Weird I know, then again I'm also the girl who also takes herself out to movies alone anyway, so why did I title today's post as, "A Lovely Day"? Because today my classes were canceled and guess what I did on my day off... I went to the Field Museum, which also happens to be hosting Maria Pinto's historically insprired collection.
 
Ok, so let's break this down:
Rainy day- Rainy 65 degree weather day- History Museum- Clothing Collection...

Need I say more?
I think you get the picture.
Speaking of pictures:
 
 
Hat: Forever 21, Sweater: Old Navy, Tank: Target, Cuff & Bracelets: Forever 21
Gothic Cross Ring: Walrgreens, Silver Saddle Ring: El Salvador,
Purse: Kenneth Cole Reaction, Pants: Target, Boots: Gift
 
 
Oh how I terribly want that jewelery.
 
 
I almost ripped this entire outfit off the manequin.
*Also, this is the Alaka ensemble mentioned below.
 
And this, this is just gorgeous. Photographs don't do it justice.
I literally stood there and admired this gown for quite some time,
it is  simply stunning up close.
 
Did you read that? Think about it why don't ya;)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment