Saturday, October 27, 2012

A fun fact about... you guessed it, me.



Sweater: Forever 21, Collared Shirt: American Eagle,
Pants: H&M, Shoes: Aldo, Glasses: Target, Belt: Rauph Lauren

It's Friday!, Well, technically it's Saturday now.. anyway it's basically still Friday and I know many of you will be going out this weekend to take part in the many festivities of Hallow's Eve. With that said, I have a confession to make/I'm gunna tell you a fun fact about myself. Are you ready? Ok, here goes! -I have never dressed up for Halloween. Ever. Not even when I was a little pumpkin. Haha, ironic. For those of you who don't already know I worked at a Day Care for 3 years so I tend to refer to kids as pumpkins and kiddie kats (yes, with a k) quite often. Anyway back to what I was saying, I have never dressed up for Halloween and probably never will. You might be asking but Jennie, how is this even possible? The answer is actually pretty simple, it's my faith. I was raised in a Christian home with parents who believe Halloween is a "pagan" celebration (I just re-read this and that's probably not the word I was looking for, I would just say it's not the most well-aligned Holiday with Christian beliefs). But don't get me wrong, I know plenty of Christian's who do take part in Halloween, my family just never happened to do so, not to mention we were broke as a joke and I'm the youngest of five so money was also an issue but that's another story in and of itself. Ok, I'm back! So basically, I was never "allowed" to dress up and to be honest I never really cared for it anyway. I'm not gonna lie, there were a few years here and there I contemplated dressing up and going out... BUT then I got lazy so it was too much work to make an outfit or I was broke and didn't feel like paying $50 for boy short underwear and a cheap bustier since that's basically the only choices girls have at costume stores. My point is, I have never dressed up and don't care much for it now but if you're going to dress up lemme know! I would love to see your costumes and if you want I can share a few of them on here. Have a fun and safe rest of your night internet friends!

Also don't forget to share, comment, email me, tweet, or link TheBirdDays;)

No comments:

Post a Comment