Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Some of you are going to be a little angry.

 
oh nbd, don't mind the alien invasion in the photograph.

sweater: Grass
pants: Gap, Belt: Rauph Lauren, Boots: gift
 

Terrible lighting, sucky quality:/

Did you see my facebook today? I told you guys I had my sassy pants on.
 
Hey birds! You can expect to see a rose in my hair at least once more this week. And yes, it's a real flower. I was actually asked that a few times today which reminded me of how much I dislike fake things/try to keep things low key and as natural as possible. To help you better understand my brain I have provided you with a list of just a few things I can't wrap my mind around fake :
-eyelashes
-hair (extensions)
-nails
-purses
-body parts
-hair accessories
-tans
-faces (yes, fake faces like when girls cake on their make up every single day)
-I feel like there is more but this is all I can think of for now.
Now before you all start freaking out about this let me explain a few things. I totally agree with cosmetic surgery when it is needed for health reasons. When it comes to make-up I'm not just saying I don't like it because I suck at doing it, I'm saying I hate when girls cake on their foundation and eye shadow every single day! If you have an event and want to get all dolled up then go right ahead! I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to make your face up every now and then, heck I had one of those days today:)
Also, I don't dislike fake tans when they actually look natural. I know a few girls who naturally have an olive undertone and they look really nice with their fake-n-bake. But I can't stand it when girls tan so much they get an orangey tint.

I guess I don't like fake things because it isn't a reflection of the true person. I feel like when girls say they are not comfortable with themselves and they buy a bunch of products it makes things worse. I learned this first hand which is why I try to keep it as low key as possible now because on the days I don't have time to do my make-up I know I won't feel completely terrible going out and about in the town. Also, why do we feel the need to impress others with our material things? Personally, I gave up long ago on trying to blend in and have the latest things because when I couldn't afford them I felt like garbage compared to the next person. A perfect example, well kinda perfect, are the Coach purses. Do you guys remember how every girl just had to have a Coach purse? Whyyyyy??? Why did everyone care so much for those ugly bags that cost a fortune? Honestly, I think the Coach bags and wristlets with the C's all over them are probably one of the lamest lines of purses I've ever seen because they advertise the brand and completely forget about the design aesthetic just like the Dooney & Bourke and Louis Vuitton rainbow logo collections. (actually the solid black versions of any of the above arn't that bad) But hey, that's just me and if you happen to own any of the above I realize you might be pretty upset right now and think my fashion sense completely sucks  but why spend so much money on a bag when there are plenty of others which are amazing for much cheaper. So basically, don't stress about what others think. And I now realize this sounds much more harsh than I intended it to because it's in writing. I guess I just needed to express/vent about my feelings and thoughts... so my apologies if you were offended:/ If anything, my intent was to make you all realize there is no need for all of the extra bells and whistles because if there is ANYTHING at all that I have learned in life/wish someone, anyone, would have told me years ago is to just be yourself. Sounds totally cliche I know, but it is so unbelievably true.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:38 AM

    Well said my friend, well said. You're making me want to start my own blog!!

    You look gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww cin! YOU SO SHOULD!!!:)
    I would totes follow you;)

    ReplyDelete